Tuesday 16 January 2007

Ice Art

Beach Walker by Steve Brice and Junichi Nakamura (2006)Trail Canada arrived in my inbox with an article about Canadian ice festivals (click the title link to read it). This reminded me to look up the biggie in ice sculpture: Alaska's World Ice Art Championships in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA. The male fiddler crab shown above was last year's winner in the Realistic Category: Beach Walker by Steve Brice (USA) and Junichi Nakamura (Japan). Brilliant! CLICK for details of this year's Championships, from 27 February to 25 March 2007.

2 Comments:

At 21/3/07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trail Canada is awesome!
I love their newsletter
trailcanada.com

 
At 21/3/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely!
I hope you've seen my recent post on the Ice Art Championships. Another Steve Brice, but only 2nd this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home