Monday 18 June 2007

Systema Metropolis

Mark Dion - Er...Bric-A-Brac (2007)Does this look like a pile of junk to you? Yes? Well, let Coxsoft Art tell you it was funded by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. So? Okay, forget that. Then how about this? It was commissioned by the Natural History Museum to explore the biodiversity of London in celebration of the tercentenary of the birth of Carl Linnaeus, the father of modern classification. Convinced? No? Okay, I give up. It's a pile of junk. It's by Mark Dion. Systema Metropolis opened at the Natural History Museum in London on 15 June and continues until 2 September 2007. The price is right: free.

4 Comments:

At 19/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

Your at it again, giving me something to groan about lol!

well I suppose I should be glad someone is keeping us lot up to date on the latest stuff going on in the art world.

 
At 19/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jafabrit
Believe me, there's a lot of contemporary art I completely ignore. London is full of privately run art galleries that sell the most appalling tosh. I tend to show the "art" that hits the big galleries and the headlines.
What I really like is to find something I can rave about, but there hasn't been much of that lately; hence pole dancing and Lady Rushdie in a nipple-hugging top. Best I could do! (Don't s'pose that has much appeal for you.)
We have the World Body Art Championships to look forward to....

 
At 19/6/07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it right...it's a pile of junk.

 
At 19/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Robyn
Thanks for the reassurance. Art Council England again! The title link takes you to the NHM website for a better piccie, but it still looks like a pile of junk. When you think of all the wonderful exhibits in NHM, why on earth commission a pile of junk?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home