Wednesday 25 June 2008

Art Forgery Book

Book Cover Art - The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren by Jonathan Lopez (2008)This book is so new it hasn't been released yet, but an advert for it appeared on my blog and Amazon.com is taking orders already (title link). The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren by Jonathan Lopez looks a must for curators of museums and art galleries. For the rest of us it might be worth ordering a copy from our local library. As the only prices I can find are in US dollars, it looks as though it will be published in the USA first and, according to public response, may be released in the UK later.

4 Comments:

At 26/6/08, Blogger lauraa said...

I just checked Amazon.co.uk where I found the book listed at £11.94, with the same release date in the UK as given on US Amazon. In fact, word has it in NYC that the book is coming out earlier than suggested on Amazon. Probably late July / early August.

 
At 27/6/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Laura(a)

Thanks for the information. I didn't notice a release date on the Amazon.com page. Must get myself some new spectacles or a bigger monitor! I have Amazon UK as one of my favourites, but looked the book up on Google - thinking that would be quicker and give more results - and hit on Amazon US. Oh well....

 
At 3/7/08, Blogger lauraa said...

The July issue of Apollo has an excerpt from the book!

http://www.apollo-magazine.com/features/804571/van-meegerens-early-vermeers.thtml

 
At 3/7/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Lauraa

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

I've ordered a copy from my local library. They think the UK publication date is October, later than the US publication date. I'll see when it turns up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home