Monday 30 June 2008

Coxsoft Art Wins Award

Dave - A Winner Smiley (Third) 2008Coxsoft Art's website has won another award: the Carpe Diem Award Bronze (CLICK). As the award comes from foreign parts - Brazil, which I'm told speaks Portuguese - and my carefully centred English text looks a mess whenever the AltaVista Babel Fish translator is used, I'm pleased to have won a bronze. The criteria are tough, almost as tough as those for a Coxsoft Art Silver Surfer Friendly Award (CLICK). Carpe Diem? It's a Latin phrase from Horace in Odes Book I, translated as "seize the day":

"While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: seize the day, put no trust in the future" (CLICK).

I must admit my philosophy tends toward planned procrastination, which is the thinking man's "When I get a round tuit". Somebody gave me a round tuit yonks ago, but I still haven't used it....

1 Comments:

At 30/6/08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Got Art, dutch artbog!
http://www.gotart.be

 

Post a Comment

<< Home