Friday 10 April 2009

Henry's Women

Anne BoleynExhibitions concerning King Henry VIII are popping up all over the place, because this year sees the 500th anniversary of his accession to the English throne. The latest, which opens today and continues until 3 August, is Henry's Women. Portraits of his wives and daughters are on display, together with personal items. This portrait is of Anne Boleyn. The exhibition is in King Henry VIII’s Council Chamber, which is open to the public for the first time. Admission prices to Hampton Court Palace include the exhibition (rich tourists only CLICK).

2 Comments:

At 10/4/09, Blogger jafabrit said...

I would have LOVED to see this exhibit.
Last time I was at Hampton court I was 11 and trying to see if Lady Jane Grey's ghost was around.

 
At 11/4/09, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, JafaBrit

I think I was about the same age when I first went there. I remember a Hieronymus Bosch painting with anal flutes and thought it very rude!

Actually the portrait of Anne Boleyn I posted here I found on the Internet. It isn't in the exhibition as far as I know. I picked it because it was the prettiest portrait of those I saw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home