Friday 10 July 2009

Bridge at Subiaco


I previewed The National Gallery's Corot to Monet exhibition more than a month ago (CLICK). It opened on Wednesday and the BBC has posted a slide show of some of the paintings on view (title link). This powerful painting of The Bridge at Subiaco by Jean-Antoine Constantin caught my eye. Its perspective is awesome. I've tweaked contrast and gamma settings to bring out some of the detail in shadow. If you can't make the exhibition - it's in the Sainsbury Wing and free -, view the slide show.

2 Comments:

At 10/7/09, Blogger Making A Mark said...

Thanks for the link to the BBC item - I hadn't spotted that.

 
At 10/7/09, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Katherine

It popped up only last night. Very daring for Auntie, I thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home