Friday 10 July 2009

IE 8 Pounces!


Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 has arrived. It sprang on my PC yesterday and since then all the titles to my blog graphics have vanished! Like all modern browsers, IE 8 will only show titles on graphics if they are properly entered in the code as "title", not as "alt". The title Jean-Antoine Constantin - The Bridge at Subiaco (next post down) shows up when you mouse over it because I changed the Blogger code from "alt" to "title". I don't want to keep doing this. Come on, Blogger; get your finger out. It's time to update our Blogger code, so everyone can read the titles on our graphics, not just that dwindling band of users of old browsers.

2 Comments:

At 11/7/09, Blogger Barkingside 21 said...

you just have to click the compatibility view button.

 
At 12/7/09, Blogger Unknown said...

I did. What's it supposed to do? And why is the pesky thing ignoring my font plus 25% settings? And all the add-ons that keep popping up. It's a pain. IE7 didn't give me all these problems. It was merely an improvement on IE6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home