Monday 7 September 2009

Diamond Geezer

Last December I reported that hEyOkA mAgAzInE had chosen Cartrain as the most anti-establishment artist of 2008 (CLICK). To prove his credentials, the teenager annoyed Moneybags Hirst and got himself arrested (his father too, briefly). His jest was to borrow a box of pencils from Moneybags' alleged "sculpture" Pharmacy - shown at Tate Passé last July - and make a fake ransom demand: "For the safe return of Damien Hirst's pencils I would like my artworks back that DACS and Hirst took off me in November. It's not a large demand ... Hirst has until the end of this month to resolve this or on 31 July the pencils will be sharpened. He has been warned." Click the title link to read The Independent story and its reader's comments that suggest the Diamond Geezer lacks a sense of humour. Untrue, I'm sure. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

2 Comments:

At 8/9/09, Blogger 100artworks.com said...

Please support Caratrain...

Artworks available from www.100artworks.com

 
At 8/9/09, Blogger Unknown said...

He has my moral support. Anyone who gets up Moneybags' nose does it for me. Money is something else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home