Saturday 22 January 2011

I Goat Unveiled?

Under the heading "I Goat Unveiled in Spitalfields", the Spitalfields' website states "The winning design of the inaugural Spitalfields Sculpture Prize will be unveiled in London’s Spitalfields shortly" (title link). Which is it? Has Kenny Hunter’s 3.5 metre high I Goat, which won the £45,000 commission, been unveiled or not? A photo suggests it has, but we all know how images can be manipulated using computers. So here's the winning model of I Goat, which I first posted nearly a year ago (CLICK). Has anyone seen the finished work?

4 Comments:

At 22/1/11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the emperor has no clothes?

 
At 22/1/11, Blogger Unknown said...

The goat certainly hasn't! This press release was published by ArtDaily today and it was as confused as the Spitalfield's website. I'm still waiting for confirmation.

 
At 23/1/11, Anonymous SpitalfieldsE1 said...

Hi

Thanks for spotting that omission on the Spitalfields website. I've now updated it (http://goo.gl/l10GL) and can confirm that I Goat has indeed been installed and looks fantastic.

There's also photo story of the installation at http://spitalfields.posterous.com/ for extra confirmation!

Sorry for the confusion. Please get in contact if you have any questions.

Many thanks for your interest and help.

Mike for Spitalfields E1

 
At 23/1/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Mike

Thank you for confirming the news, and at the weekend too. Fast work. I'm impressed.

I'll check out the links you sent me. Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home