Thursday 17 March 2011

Canary Wharf Junk

Canary Wharf Group plc has installed its latest pile of abstract junk in Montgomery Square: Drawing Cube (Blue) by Suresh Dutt. I can't find a photo of the 3.5m high monster, so here is its maquette, photo by Stuart Blakley. Believe it or not, Dutt won the First@108 Public Art Award 2010 with this "sculpture". The prize was a £10,000 grant and a prominent public display space. Why on earth would anyone pay £10,000 for this inartistic tosh to be built? Ask the Royal British Society of Sculptors, not me.

4 Comments:

At 15/4/11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

The photo of the maquette was taken by me and has my copyright. Would you therefore please remove it or add the following:

Photo by Stuart Blakley

Many thanks

Stuart

 
At 15/4/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Stuart

My apologies. I've altered my post as you asked and added a copyright message to the graphic title (pass your cursor over your photo to see it). Thanks for allowing me to use your photo.

I gave up seeking copyright holder's permission for news stories because, when I could find the holder, I rarely received an answer, and this is a news blog. Delay and the news is dead.

Now I only ask permission when I want to feature an artist's website.

Thanks again.

 
At 15/4/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there


Thanks for adding my copyright to the photo.

Best

stuartblakley.com

 
At 16/4/11, Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home