Sunday 15 January 2012

Eva Caridi Nude

Are conceptual artists trying to bore us into submission? First it was Moneybags Hirst's spotty tosh. Now it's Eva Caridi's Nude at Ambika P3, University of Westminster, London. This is one of those installation thingies. It consists of two metal labyrinths. The first takes you to a video of females in the three stages of life: girl, woman and elderly lady. The second contains 20 life-sized female "sculptures". They look like plaster casts to me, and all the photos I've seen show them in knickers. Nude? All this pretentious nonsense is supposed to represent the human condition, but it shows only the female half of humanity. Feminist message? The only good thing I can say about this tripe is that admission is free, but you must book in advance (title link). Why bother? The last day of the show is 22 January.

4 Comments:

At 19/1/12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the exhibition

 
At 20/1/12, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad somebody enjoyed it. Time Out readers gave it the thumbs down.

 
At 22/1/12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not all of them ;)

 
At 23/1/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Only 3 Time Out readers had commented when I looked. All of those gave the show the thumbs down. A very small sample, I must admit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home